missmanderley

Mint Julep Reviews

My day job involves the graveyard shift, stethoscopes, and Ativan. Self professed dork. Jewelry designer. Geek chic. One of my earliest memories as a child was staying up late getting myself lost in the pages of a kid's encyclopedia set, I've been bit by the bookworm ever since.

The Basic Eight
Before I Fall
Lauren Oliver
Beautiful Darkness
Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl
The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth: Popularity, Quirk Theory and Why Outsiders Thrive After High School
Alexandra Robbins
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
The Rules for Disappearing
Ashley Elston
Queen of the Clueless (Interim Goddess of Love, #2) - Mina V. Esguerra The second installment to author Mina V. Esguerra's Interim Goddess of Love! Having discovered the first book and enjoyed it immensely I was very excited to read this book. The appealing charm of how Ms. Esguerra writes a heartfelt romantic tale set in modern day Manila is what draws me to the plot in this second book. Here Hannah Maquiling has gotten off a successful "project" as the Interim Goddess of Love, and while she's getting the hang of it.. she still tends to be rash and not to confident of her acquired powers. She fumbles in her interactions with the the three guys in her life -- Quin, the impossibly stoic God of the Sun, the proactive and troublemaker Diego (also conveniently God of the Sea) and mortal Robbie who might actually perfect had she not continuously compare him to Quin. For a goddess and still technically a mortal, Hannah shines as the heroine that you find yourself rooting for. When Hannah makes it her mission to help her bestfriend Sol, the stakes are set higher as she might be putting herself in danger. New characters are introduced in this fantasy love story -- Neil, Sol's convincingly persuasive yet suspicious rebound boyfriend and Denise Cabral, a young history professor in Hannah's college who Quin seems protective about. I actually have a theory of who Denise Cabral really is, and because something about her characterization feels like she's just temporarily a mortal.I'm still left so curious as to whether she will end up with Quin (if the fates and Bathala will allow it?) and what was the old argument between Quin and Diego?You end up craving for the third and last installment, Icon of the Indecisive, just to get all the questions the ending of this book leaves you.